As a leading brand of various shielding techniques, we also offer one of the more subtle high performance shielding. This is done through sputtering, adding a thin multi-layer coating (2-2.5 µm as a standard) of highly conductive materials. Some common coating materials are Silver, Nickel, Copper, Gold, Aluminium, and Stainless Steel.
The sputtered coating works well to use on electronic enclosures and assemblies, that require a reliable EMI shielding performance of high level quality. Some other benefits are:
- Repeatability of coating conductivity and thickness
- Thin film coatings will not interfere with product assembly
- More consistent coverage and resistivity than conductive paint or other conventional processes
- Uniform coverage on complex substrates
- Coatings can be applied to most plastics
- Environmentally friendly process
The coating its thickness can be of various sizes through request, with a default size of 2-2.5 µm, and has superior adhesive properties to plastic types like ABS, ABS+PC, PC, PA6, and PETP.
Of course with the variety of loyal customers all our coatings will be optimized for their specific requirements, making sure the coating that is applied is what they want and need.
Due of the nature of the coating and the adhesion, sputtering can provide metallic EMI shielding without affecting the weight of the final product, making it a perfect shielding solution for lightweight products.
|coating thickness||1.5-2.5 µm|
|coating resistance||0.05-1.5 ohm/inch (point to point)|